1934 MG PA

Home  /  1934 MG PA

< Go Back to Sold Cars

SOLD

 

Our MG PA is an excellent car for show, pre-war rallies, tours, and normal driving. 

The PA (serial #PA0385) underwent a complete multi-year restoration which was completed in the mid 1990s. Since then, the car has been driven very sparingly, having logged only 165 miles.  It attended two pre-war vintage sports car races, one of which being the 1994 Fairmount Park Vintage Grand Prix. 

It boasts a beautiful black exterior, burgundy leather interior, and a wood dashboard. The car is equipped with the optional water pump.

Documentation includes, but is not limited to, documents from when the car was new (including detailed vehicle warranty records) and the VSCCA logbook.

Car comes with a new tonneau cover and the original and unrestored top and top bows. It is in excellent condition and is currently museum owned.

We tested the car before the Winter and found that everything runs beautifully.

MG PA History:

The MG PA model is considered by many to be the quintessential pre-war Midget.1 When introduced in early 1934, its most important new feature was a three-main- bearing crankshaft. Compared to the previous (two-main-bearing) MG 4-cylinder engines, the new engines were much more robust and also much smoother running. There were other changes too: longer wheelbase, enlarged cockpit, greatly enlarged brake drums. Styling was refined too.

Many enthusiasts consider the MG P- type the purest expression of classic MG styling.

The PA proved itself competitive in amateur racing, trials, and hillclimbs. A few P- types competed in high profile events. Most famously, “George Eyston’s Dancing Daughters” were a six- woman racing team who drove three P-types in the 1935 24 Hours of Le Mans.2 They raised quite a sensation, though they only finished 24th, 25th, and 26th place overall. Approaching Le Mans as an endurance trial rather than a race, the team’s goal was to achieve absolutely consistent lap times – fast, but not so fast that they might break. The MG team achieved an average speed of over 53mph. The three car effort only required exactly one replacement part: a tail lamp bulb!

The MG PA model was produced from (about) March 1934 until late summer of 1935. 1973 cars of this type were built. No more than 150 MG PA sports cars remain in existence.